Sunday, October 9, 2011

The First "Camp Out"

I  CAN hitch, tow and back a trailer.  Yes I CAN!  Saturday Vernon and I drove down to our house at Fort Scott Lake to camp in the front yard.  80 miles down and 80 miles back and didn't hit anything!  Be proud --- I am!

Little Toto visited Quiet Cove on Oct 8th & 9th for an overnighter. 

Almost dark, all lit up and ready for bed.  Vernon and Toby lasted until about 12:30.  Tight quarters for Toby to be comfortable so they went inside the house to sleep the rest of the night.  I stayed outside and listened to the night sounds - dogs, trains, hoot owls.  Very peaceful.  I could tell you that it was just like real camping, but I did go inside for a hot bubble bath before lights out! 

1 comment:

  1. we'll have to meet sometime when you are at Ft. Scott. I visit my son quite often, who lives there. Sounds like you had a good time camping. Kay Coop GG 241

    ReplyDelete